Bigdata Architect is the link between the Data Scientist and Organization. He will takes care of the entire lifecycle of the Hadoop solution platform ready. As a Hadoop administrator it is easy to switch over to the role of a Hadoop architect. He key responsibility to build Hadoop Ecosystem and Components. The Hadoop ecosystem provides the furnishings that turn the framework into a comfortable home for big data activity that reflects project specific needs and tastes.
Big Data – Hadoop – Architect and Administrator
What is Data Architect role?
Big Data architecture, an information technology discipline concerned with designing, creating, deploying and managing in an organization’s or based on project requirements. A data architect is a practitioner of data architecture to build a complete life cycle of the Big Data Solution. A Architect, will having knowledge in Big Data tools and software, who can build big data environment. acts as the link between the organization and the other Big Data scientists and engineers in the organization.
Which profile is Suitable for Big Data Architect or Big data Administrator?
There is no prerequisite for the Big Data Architect or Administrator, but if you are with any IT Knowledge and better understanding with problem solving attitude you can choose this career, if you are working with any of the bellow profiles it is advantage to you to understand the Big data tools and technologies very easily.
- Systems administrators and IT managers
- IT Systems Engineers
- IT administrators and operators
- Data Engineers and database administrators
- Cloud Systems Administrators
- Web Engineers
- Data Engineers and database administrators
- Individuals who intend to design, deploy and maintain Hadoop clusters
Why become a Big Data Hadoop Architect?
Of course, for better pays and Better opportunities. The Life of a Data Architect is admired position in Big Data career. I am sure if able to receive the challenges in this job you love this profile.
Technical Skills required or to Learn for Bigdata Administrator / Architect
Obviously, he or she needs to have experience with Hadoop, and its associates for big data ecosystem. If you associate with bellow Big Data Tools or Learn some of the major big data solutions bellow mentioning here are. don’t go with all the tools at a stretch, select the one of the sectors like Admin tools or Database tools, or Analytical tools, and do the hand fee practice with them. Look for a suitable position in the Big Data project and improve your skills one by one, it is very easy and quick to learn once you are in the related technology. Because you already know the concepts but need to learn usage of the tools. For Big Data (Hadoop) Architect and Administrator don’t need in depth Knowledge but need how to Install, Deployment of the tools, Configuration of the tools, fine tune the settings, test the basic functionality. The next work will be taken care by the Data Engineers who is goo in particular tools.
Top Technologies for Big Data Solution Architect
Normally Tools and Software used in Big Data Technology Apache Hadoop, Falcon PHP, Atlas, Tez, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Pig, Hive , HBase, Storm, Solr, Spark, Ranger , Knox, Ambari, Oozie, Phoenix, NiFi, Nifi Registry, HAWQ , Zeppelin, Slider, Mahout, MapReduce, HDFS, YARN, Metron, Accumul, Panoply, Redshift.
Examples of Big Data NoSQL Databases
MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
Examples of Data Modeling and Mining Tools
Examples of Relevant programming languages
Java, Linux Scripting, Python, C++
Examples of Visualization Tools
Apache Zeppelin, Chartio, R Studio, Tableau, SAS
What is the difference between Big Data Administrator and Architect On the other hand, there is hairline difference with Architect to Data Administrator is a role who responsible for the implementation and administration of the Hadoop infrastructure in your organization. You would also have had to handle major database administration and data warehouse responsibilities.
Job Responsibilities of a Hadoop Administrator
Daily Job Responsibilities of Hadoop Administrator can be split to two parts one is Core Activities and Other Activities
Big Data Administrator Core Activities
• Installing Hadoop, Spark, HPCC, AWS etc., on Required Operating System environment.
• Installing and Configuring of NameNodes, Secondary Name Nodes, DataNodes. Deployment of Hadoop cluster and its maintenance.
• Health check of a Hadoop cluster monitoring whether it is up and running all the time. And check the down Nodes and rectify hardware or any network issues
• Analyse the storage data volume and allocating the space in HDFS.
• Resource management in a cluster environment. This involves new node creation and removal of unused ones.
• Optimize the NameNode / Secondary NameNode to ensure its high availability
• Implementing and administering Hadoop infrastructure on an ongoing basis.
• Based on the data size or incoming stream to expanding of existing environments install required hardware and software to deployment in Hadoop environment. Furthermore.
Big Data Administrator Other Activities
• Build the Echo System and create User in Linux for Hadoop and its components. Moreover, setting up Kerberos principals is a part of Hadoop administration.
• Performance tuning and take care to run the operations smoothly, Observer the jobs in Hadoop clusters.
• Hadoop Cluster Capacity planning and Management based on requirement
• Network Monitoring connectivity and security of Hadoop cluster
• Managing and reviewing log files in NameNode, Secondary NameNode and DataNode.
• Management of HDFS file system and monitoring them.
• Maintaining HDFS and providing necessary supports.
• Backup and recovery tasks between Name Nodes and Data Nodes.
• Communicating with other development, administrating and business teams. They include infrastructure, application, network, database, and business intelligence teams. Effective communication plays a key role in high quality and availability of data.
• Install the Required Application and Operating System patches related updated as and when it required. Coordinating with application teams.
• Choose the Vendor and Working as a key person for Vendor to Company
• Troubleshooting the issues and Patch or create required Support tickets
organizational models for big data and analytics